- 1998 Awarded Master of Fine Arts, University of NSW, College of Fine Arts.
- 1979 Awarded Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education (Art), Sydney Teachers' College.
- 1975 Awarded Diploma in Art, Alexander Mackie School of Art.
- 2004 eye full, Tin Sheds Gallery, Sydney University
- 2001 holding the object, Room 35, Sydney.
- 1998 self split, Room 35, Sydney.
- 1993 Atopia, Artspace, Sydney.
- 1993 Scripsit, Performance Space, Sydney.
- 1990 Phones, Artspace, Sydney.
- 1989 Containers, Contemporary Art Centre of South Australia.
- 1987 Containers, Mori Gallery, Sydney.
- 1986 Pool of Change, Avago Gallery, Sydney.
- 2003 The Way Things Are, Grantpirrie Gallery, Sydney
- 1997 Pin, South Gallery, Sydney.
- 1997 Art lite, South Gallery, Sydney.
- 1997 Pillow talk, South Gallery, Sydney.
- 1995 Band Width, Particle Gallery, Sydney.
- 1995 Sound in Space, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney.
- 1991 Perspecta, Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- 1988 Fifty Fine Artists, Royal Melbourne Show Grounds.
- 1986 Autonomous Objects, Artspace, Sydney.
- 1976 Young Contemporary Exhibition, Macquarie Gallery, Sydney.
- GRANTS & AWARDS
- 2000 Awarded commission for site specific art work, South Sydney Council.
- 1999 Awarded New Work Grant, Visual Arts/Craft Fund, Australia Council.
- 1998 The Pat Corrigan Artist Grant, National Association for the Visual Arts.
- 1997 Awarded Gunnery studio residency by The NSW Ministry for the Arts.
- 1992 Awarded a Projects Grant from the Visual Arts/Craft Board, Australia Council.
- 1988 Awarded a Projects Grant from the Visual Arts/Craft Board, Australia Council.
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney. Australia Perspecta 1991, exhibition catalogue. Essay by Victoria Lynn, 1991, p.98.
- Artspace Gallery, Sydney. Atopia, exhibition catalogue. Essay by Isobel Johnson, 1993.
- Contemporary Sound Arts. “Deborah Vaughan”. Essays in Sound 2 – Technophonia, 1995, p.79.
- French, Blair. “Deborah Vaughan”. Art/Text, no. 65 (May – July 1999), p. 99.
- Lynn, Victoria. "Pushing back the boundaries". Look, August 1991, p.21.
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney. Sound in Space - Adventures in Australian Sound Art, exhibition catalogue. Essay by Rebecca Coyle, 1995, p.14, p.22.
- Smith, Trevor. "Deborah Vaughan : Atopia". Eyeline, no.24 (autumn/winter 1994), pp.37-38.
- Watt, David. "Perspecta Reviewed". Art Monthly, no.44 (October 1991), p.4.